Monday, March 9, 2015

Liebster Award!!!

I am so excited to share that I've been nominated for the Liebster Award by Keri at My Speech Party. Thanks, Keri! The Liebster Award is an award given by bloggers, to new bloggers with less than 200 email followers, to help them get their blog started and welcome them to the blogosphere. Anyone who is nominated is then asked to nominate others. To accept the award, the blogger must answer 11 questions from the blogger who nominated them.Here are my questions/answers...



1. Why did you start blogging?
 I discovered several amazing speech blogs at the start of my graduate school experience.  I have found reading other SLP blogs to be so helpful as I plan therapy and look for ideas.  The inspiration I got from reading other blogs is what led to my desire to begin my own.  I am new, but I know that I will have much to share as I gain experience.  I hope that my blog will someday be helpful to others. 


2. What is your work experience?
 I was a classroom teacher for 7 years before making the move into speech therapy.  I have been in grad school for a year and a half and have been working as an SLP Assistant during that time.  


3. What is your favorite social media outlet?
 I used to prefer Facebook, but now I am beginning to LOVE Instagram.  I love that pictures can provide so much information. 


4. What is your favorite pastime other than blogging? 
 Being in grad school, I don't have much time for anything other than studying.  I love to create new products for my Teachers Pay Teachers store. Most of all, I love spending time with my little girl.  We like to go go go and are always looking for ways to have fun. 


5. How many hours per week do you dedicate to TpT? To your blog?
 Right now, probably only 3 hours or so, but it varies greatly from week to week.  I try to work on it after my daughter goes to bed, and have to be sure that I make homework and studying a priority.  I will have much more time to spend on TpT and my blog once I graduate this summer. 


6. What age range is your favorite to work with?
I love working with all of my students, but I really love 2nd-4th graders.  I like that fact that we can include reading/writing in our activities and that they can really understand why they are working on certain goals and appreciate the progress they make.   


7. Who are your favorite SLP bloggers to follow?
There are so many!  The first blog I ever came across was Speech Room News.  Jenna is such an inspiration.  I also love Sublime Speech, Crazy Speech World, and Natalie Snyders.  They have such great ideas and TpT products.  There are so many blogs I love to read! I just really love that we can network and share ideas through social media and blogs.  


8. What post have you written that you are most proud of? 
Being new, I haven't written many posts of any substance yet.  I did write one in which I shared my thoughts on inclusion in the school setting.  This post was featured in the SLPs on TpT weekly newsletter and had a bunch of views.  


9. Is there any post that you have been planning to do but keep postponing? 
 There are so many!  I have quite a few ideas of things I'd like to write about, but I just haven't had the time to get them written.  I just keep my list and hope I can get to writing someday soon!


10. What is your favorite aspect of blogging? 
I really get excited when I see that others are reading my posts, and I LOVE when I get comments.  I enjoy knowing that someone has decided to take time out of their busy day to see what I have to say.  Being able to sit down and write out my thoughts also helps me to become a better therapist.  I really spend a lot of time reflecting on how I am doing things and how I can make improvements.  

11. What are 11 facts about me?
  • I am a school-based speech therapist (love working in the schools)
  • I am originally from California - moved to Texas 11 years ago.
  • I speak a little bit of Spanish, but stopped taking classes in college so I'm not anywhere near fluent.
  • I have been married for 10 years.
  • My bachelor's degree is in theater.
  • I have never been to Vegas.
  • I spent 3 weeks studying in Bali when I was an undergrad.
  • I have been skydiving.
  • When I complete my speech pathology degree, I will have 2 masters degrees. 
  • I have a 7 year old daughter.
  • I am a lover of all things Disney - total addict - it drives my husband crazy.  

I enjoyed sharing a little about myself with you.  My nomination for the Liebster Award is Christy at The Modern SLP.

Thanks for reading and be sure to visit Christy on her blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment